Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
November 3, 2015
Muriel Mickles, Peter Dorman, Jim Lemons, Michael Farris, Connie Deacon, Pat Gatti, Mary Evans, and Mike Fein
Changes in Student Services: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that a lot of changes are going on. She said that she just wanted to clarify what it going on.
- Michael Farris has resigned and will be leaving on Friday, November 13. That position will not be advertised until late December or early January.
- The Dean of Student Success position is being advertised now and will close on December 8th.
- We had a financial aid audit and currently, we have one full-time and two part-time staff members. That is not enough and the audit told us to get more personnel in that office. We will be hiring a Coordinator of Financial Aid that is faculty ranked and will require a bachelor’s or master’s degree. This position will be advertised in the next week.
- New part-time position – Job Information and Career Advisor will be filled soon. Interviews will be held on November 9th.
- We have career coaches in the following areas: 1 in Appomattox, 2 in Bedford, and 1 in Amherst. Michelle Fluker is the new career coach hire in Amherst County.
- Muriel said that she is looking at faculty needs with the deans, which will be based on the PASS report.