Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
September 27, 2016
Muriel Mickles, Amy McIvor, Peter Dorman, Jim Lemons, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti, Mike Danos, Sue Cochrane, Ed McGee, Mary Evans, Mike Fein, Alison Moore, and Wil Perez
Demo – New Schedule Access for Students: Wil Perez
- Wil showed everyone the new schedule access for students to enroll in classes.
- When students click on specific classes, they will be taken to the VCCS master site.
- Wil said he would send the links to everyone so they can send him feedback.
Introductions: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel introduced Sue as the new Director of the Appomattox Center.
Faculty and Staff Professional Development Needs Assessment: Ed McGee
- Ed said that a Professional Development Taskforce was formed and met yesterday.
- The taskforce wanted to know from the deans and department heads what professional development needs are for the people in their areas. He said to take some time to think about it and let him know. He said that he will send out a survey as well.
- Jim said that he thinks the allocation amount needs to be assessed because not everyone uses it and the allocated money is based on dividing the total amount by the total amount of employees. Jim thinks that everyone should be surveyed in the beginning of the year to ask if they are planning on using professional development in the coming year or not.
Follett Book submissions: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that we should move forward with the Follett system with the knowledge that we can always back out if we do not like it.
- Muriel asked for feedback about the no late registration that we implemented.
- Sue said that she knows we lost a lot of enrollment from DE because of it. She said that the school divisions were late getting everything in and they did not think that we were really going to enforce the no late registration and tried to have some students added after the cutoff.
- Amy said that it just caused more chaos in a week that is already hectic.
- Muriel said that she thought it was great and that people will used to it the more we do it.
- She said that the 14-week classes filled up.
- She also said that she knows there were bumps in the road, but efforts will be made to advertise it well again next time.
- Michael said that he thought it worked well and that everyone worked well together for the cause.