Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
October 18, 2016
Muriel Mickles, Cindy Wallin, Peter Dorman, Jim Lemons, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti, Kenny Holt, Mike Danos, Ed McGee, Mary Evans, Sue Cochrane, Liz Boothe, Wil Perez, and Ken Bunch
New courses that need to be peer reviewed: Ed McGee
- Ed said that there are new courses that need to be peer reviewed:
- ADJ 237, ENE 104 by November 1st
- ADJ 140 is good
- RTH 102 – there is no paperwork for that course
- Muriel asked the deans and Ed to meet with her to come up with a checklist sheet for courses being developed for online for the future.
Content owners: Wil Perez and Ken Bunch
- There will be a training session this week for those who will be putting in content into the new website.
- Wil said that Access, the company designing the website, will be conducting the session, but he will be there in case any questions come up.
Credentials (all divisions): Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that credentials are a big deal and that we will be funded based on how many credentials we put in on campus.
- She commended Jim on getting in the most.
- She said that if there are any credentials still needing to be added, please get them to Pam to be put into the system.
Formation of Dual Enrollment Advisory Committee: Michael Farris
- Michael would like to form a Dual Enrollment (DE) Advisory Committee that would meet about once a semester to discuss and assess DE and how to grow the program.
- Michael will convene this group before the end of this semester.
Exempt/non-exempt teaching: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that some non-exempt employees have been teaching classes and may not be able to continue teaching them.
- Randall will be sending out an email by the end of the week as to who that rule will affect.