Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
January 30, 2018
Muriel Mickles, Jim Lemons, Cindy Wallin, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti, Mike Danos, Sue Cochrane, Kenny Holt, Ed McGee, Mary Evans, David Lightfoot, Matt Latimer, Alison Moore, and Lewis Bryant
Book Adoptions: Lewis Bryant
- Lewis said that they are looking into speeding up the book adoptions to get them in before faculty leave for summer break. They would like to get all book orders in between now and when they leave for summer.
- Jim said that in theory, that is a good idea. But in actuality, he doesn’t think he can honestly say that they will make that deadline.
- Cindy said that the divisions used to get a list of the previous books used and that was very helpful for faculty to get the order in. She said that maybe even going back to a paper list that faculty could check off would be best. Cindy said that having that list would expedite the whole process and if they can get that list, having the book adoptions done before they leave for the summer would be feasible.
- Jim also said having a formalized policy/timeline in place would be helpful as well. Muriel said that she and the deans can work with Lewis and the bookstore personnel over the summer to come up with a policy.
Shared Drives: David Lightfoot
- David said that there are old shared drives out there with a lot of old data on them and they need to get them cleaned up. He said he will send links to everyone’s drives that are out there so they can start to take a look at the data and clean up what is needed.
OER Program Completion: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that we have the grant for OER courses until December and we want to go ahead and get the last few courses finished so we can finalize these OER degrees and certificate programs.
- There are only 5 courses that need a course map done in order to get them Lumen certified. They are HIS 122, ENG 242, ITE 119, CHM 112, and PHY 101-102.
- Muriel encouraged the deans to see to it that the faculty responsible for finishing the course maps for these courses finalizes them soon.
Other: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that we will be pursuing accreditation through NACEP for our dual enrollment programs in the high schools. She said that she will be sending out an email to everyone with more information.