Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
May 22, 2018
Muriel Mickles, Cindy Wallin, Peter Dorman, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti, Kenny Holt, Sue Cochrane, Ed McGee, Mary Evans, David Lightfoot, and Alison Moore
Phone System Update: David Lightfoot
- Muriel said that we have been updating everything, with the exception of our phone system. Muriel said that we need to get it up-to-date with our website and catalog and David is here to continue the conversation that was started in the last meeting.
- David said that the web and our phones are our primary communication tools. He said that updating our phone system and voicemails will help with user satisfaction.
- He said that this will be disruptive because it has to do with communication that is used everyday. He gave everyone a handout explaining the process and what the new phone and voicemail system will look like based on transaction boxes.
- Muriel said that everyone was in agreement that we need to update our phone system. She asked everyone to look over David’s handout and give feedback to him by a week from Friday. After that, she said that we need to look at where to start in implementing the changes.
- Patti asked about the messages on the phone system and if they can say to email in order to get a quicker response. David said yes, and it may say to go online to apply, schedule an appointment with an advisor, etc.
- Cindy suggested that David get feedback from students as well via a focus group. Muriel asked Patti to get with Deanne to come up with a focus group of students in order to get their feedback.
Other: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel complimented on Michael and his team on a great job for Graduation. She said it went very well and she was pleased with the new registrar.
- Muriel said that Patti and her team had a mentor workshop and it went extremely well. She said that at some point we will have a follow up.
- She said NACEP and EAB are moving right along. Stay tuned for more updates in the future.