Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
July 17, 2018
Muriel Mickles, Cindy Wallin, Peter Dorman, Jim Lemons, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti, Mike Danos, Kenny Holt, Ed McGee, and Alison Moore
Early College enrollment concerns: Peter Dorman
- Peter said that Mary would prefer that all Early College be routed through HSS. All Early College enrollment, payments, schedules, textbooks, student/parent questions, all EC paperwork, parent conversations, etc. should be handled by Mary. He said that there are no complaints really, but some confusion has arisen and they think if HSS handled all EC that would alleviate the problems.
- Muriel said that she is not clear on the issue and thinks that Mary should be included on this conversation so a solution can be obtained. She said that she would like to have a meeting with Peter and Mary to go over everything and get clarification.
NACEP Update: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that they had a meeting with the Deans last week and have started the data collection for NACEP.
- She said that Will will be reaching out to everyone at any time and would need the information back as soon as possible in order to keep the process moving along as necessary.
- Muriel said that some changes will start this fall and each school division has been made aware of the NACEP initiative. Will and Dr. Capps went to each school division to make sure they are well aware of the changes that are coming and what will be necessary for them to accomplish for this accreditation.
Title IX (Haven): Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that Title IX is a big deal and needs to be taken seriously. She said that if it is not handled properly, CVCC can be fined.
- Muriel said that one thing that is necessary is one-click directly to Title IX on the website. IT is working on getting a link directly on the front page of the CVCC website.
- Another mandate is that everyone at CVCC is trained on it, so the Haven training is mandatory to be completed by all faculty, staff and students. It is required to be completed every year and is required that everyone participate.
- Michael said that Title IX is correlated to Title IV. If we don’t meet the requirements of Title IX, we could lose our federal funding through Title IV.
August Registration: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that August requires all hands on deck during the week of and the week before classes start. Everyone (including deans, admins, etc.) should be prepared and can be called on at any time to help out as needed.
- Student Services will be holding 2 Saturday Express Registration dates this year – August 4th
and August 18th
Employee Changes: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that Natalie Prue is now working on main campus for Kris Ogden as a full-time admin.
Non- Agenda Items:
EAB Navigate: Muriel Mickles
- Muriel said that EAB Navigate will be launching in September and told everyone to get ready for this launch. At first, we will be working with a subset of students to see how it goes. There will be more to come, so stay tuned for updates.