Skip to Content


Vice President’s Staff Meeting Minutes​
August 28, 2018
Muriel Mickles, Cindy Wallin, Peter Dorman, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti, Mike Danos, Sue Cochrane, Ed McGee, Mary Evans, David Lightfoot, Cynthia Lofaso, and Alison Moore
Agenda Items:
  • IT issues at off-site centers (connectivity and data base research): Sue Cochrane
    • Sue said that there are some issues at her center with connectivity regarding instructors being able to connect their iPads/Surfaces to the projectors. There are many options for instructors and need to be worked on an individual basis. She will work with the IT HelpDesk and David to get the issues resolved.
  • Policy on Shared Services Classes: Muriel Mickle
    • Muriel asked if there is a policy about shared services. If there is a class we offer on campus, do we not allow it to be taken through SSDL?
    • Ed said it was an unwritten policy, so it doesn’t always get put into effect.
    • Muriel asked Ed to work on a policy and put it in writing. She asked Ed to work on it with Connie and get it back to her by the end of next week.
  • Mid-semester Convocation: Muriel Mickles
    • Muriel said that we will be having a mid-semester convocation and the potential date is October 12th. She told everyone to be on the lookout for more information and make sure to attend and/or have their staff attend if they were unable to attend the one in August.
  • Food Pantry/Resource Guides: Muriel Mickles
    • Muriel said that CVCC has established a food pantry and, in addition, has created a Resource Guide for students in need.
    • Patti handed out the Resource Guides to everyone and told them that the counseling office has more whenever they need more for their students.  
Back to top