Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Beginning Balance $792.91
Ending Balance $792.91
· Sandra Viar was voted in as the new treasurer replacing Kris Ogden. She will serve a two-year term.
· The Masquerade Jewelry fundraiser to be held sometime in October or November. Shannon Hines to request open dates from vendor. Date to be determined and emailed to committee. The Multi-Purpose Room will be reserved when the date has been decided.
· Discussed role of CSA fundraisers and what money would be used for. In the past, meal vouchers and book vouchers have been given to students in need.
· Sandra Viar brought up that some students are in need of caps/gowns for graduation – a possible fund raiser opportunity.
· Linda Daye requested information at the Presidents’ Staff meeting regarding the dress code. The members are looking into the issue.
· Speed bumps to be placed on Harvard Street to slow traffic down for students crossing the street. Walkways and bicycle paths will also be added to Harvard Street.
· The tunnel at the crossing of Wards Road and Harvard Street is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013.
· Raises were received; insurance premiums and retirement contributions were increased.
Meeting adjourned at 1:40pm