Classified Staff Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Dani van Vierssen
Beginning Balance $792.91
Ending Balance $792.91
· The Masquerade Jewelry fundraiser has been cancelled. The vendor double booked and no other date was available.
Bonus for degrees earned – Examples of what some colleges are currently doing.
o Up to a 10% increase in base pay
o A one-time bonus
o Increase in pay-band
· Degree earned has to be related to job.
· Must be employed two years before receiving bonus.
· DHRM recommends having a goal in place with supervisor.
· Recommendation was made to add bonus to base pay.
o Dianne Sykes and Linda Daye to write a policy and will then be emailed to committee members to vote on.
o Once approved, the policy will be taken to the Governance Committee for approval.
· Currently IT has a Two, Four, and Six Year Rotation List based on model of computer.
· Chris Jordan is currently working on updating the list to be more accurate.
· VCCS has a replacement policy on computers so IT must follow those regulations.
· A suggestion was made that IT could perform maintenance annually on the computers between replacements to improve performance.
· Chris Jordan to ask David Lightfoot regarding administrative rights. Staff would like to be able to update software already loaded on their computer.
· 75% of all three meals can be claimed for travel days (to and from.)
· Cannot claim meals if conference is providing the meal.
· Use CAPPS manual as a resource (link to the website is on the travel request form.)
· Donating to the girls soccer team
· Book drawing
Meeting adjourned at 1:50pm