Culture, Diversity and International Education Committee
8/19/2019 12:00:00 AM
Jill Markwood, Michelle Penner, Debbie Harris.
Kingsley Chukwu, Christina Brannan, Elizabeth Elam, Fazi Arabi, Lynn Dillard, Tammy Sheeky, Deanne McDanniel.
No old business
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 2:05 PM
- Sadly, our committee today had only two active members present.
- There was not enough quorum to appoint a recorder or a treasurer, or a student representative.
- Jill had to leave at the beginning of the meeting, and later she returned for a scanned version of the proposed items.
- Natalie Prue added Deborah Harris as an active third member.
- New goals and tentative agenda were presented.
- Although there were not many members present, the tentative agenda was presented to the attendees.
- We were not able to come to terms in all of the prospective agenda until we have more members participating.
- Proposal cannot be completed until everyone manifests his or her presence and active attendance.
- We need to have a recognition whether is an affirmative for remaining part of this committee, or request your transition and removal from this committee.
- A series of emails were sent to every member requesting their active participation.
- One member, Christina Brannan, declined in being part of this committee.
- On Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:26 PM, Christopher Bryant proposed to be a volunteer non-voting member of this committee. Natalie Prue added him as an active member.
- On Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:57 PM Jill Markwood proposed $25.00 limit money for Academy tickets. It required a vote. We communicated through email. However, four people did not reply to this request.
- On Thu 8/22/2019 7:12 PM, Fazi Arabi responded affirmatively, and voted the item requested by Jill and Chris.
- On Fri 8/23/2019 8:57 AM, Kingsley Chuckwu responded affirmatively, and voted the item requested by Jill and Chris.
- On Fri 8/23/2019 9:49 AM, Maria Wright accepted the invitation as one the student’s representatives.
- After requesting the participation of the missing members, a fifth individual notification was sent requesting in writing a continuation or not as a part of this committee.
- On Tue 8/27/2019 12:07 PM, Deanne McDanniel responded unfavorably the request, rather indicating her no participation due to other priorities. She did not vote for the request.
- On Fri 8/30/2019 2:40 PM, Lynn Dillard replied to the request and decided to continue with us.
- Wed 9/4/2019 8:46 AM, Philmeka Reid became a member of our committee, and she accepted the Recorder position as well.
- Only two members that appear on the roster from this committee were present. The rest of them were not present today. We did not receive an explanation from their absence, neither a request of transferring their membership toward another committee.
- We are waiting a reply for those absent members as soon as possible for requesting an action to this committee; whether is a continuation and active participation, or perhaps a dismissal from it and invite other prospective members. Five requests were sent waiting for a reply and a vote for the first proposal.
- A special request for the two non-compliance missing members were sent to Dr. Mickles and Dr. Cynthia Wallin. Five previous messages had been sent to each of them: Deanne McDaniel & Elizabeth Elam.
- This message is been forward to Kris Ogden and Dr. Mickles for her attention.
Not at this time.