Central Virginia Community College
Educational, E-Learning, and Information Technology (E2IT)
Tuesday September 4, 2012
William Osborne (in Wil Perez’s absence)
The meeting was called to order by Susan Beasley. Cindy Wallin was elected the committee chair; Barbara Soldivieri was elected the recorder.
The purpose of the E2IT Committee was reviewed –
- Analyze, evaluate, and address short and long-term instructional/educational technology needs of the College;
- Serve as a conduit for faculty seeking to promote innovative and best practice methods
in the use of instructional/educational technology;
- Produce policy regarding Distance Education, and all educational technology issues;
- Submit requests for technology purchases;
- Make recommendations for technology training;
- Oversee the design and functionality of the CVCC website.
Issues to be addressed by the committee were then identified. David L. will create a survey for the committee members to use as a tool for prioritizing the issues.
Peer Review of Web Courses
Training for Faculty
Training for Students
Replacement Cycles- Technology
Blackboard Performance in labs
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Policies
Vision – Technology needs
Survey results and next action steps will be addressed at the next meeting.
Next meeting: October 16