January 16, 2018
Members Present: Cathy Sanders, David Lightfoot, Donna Hobbs, Ernie Wade, Kevin Riley, Lorna Nelson, Mike Danos, Muriel Mickles, Rebecca Honeycutt, Wendy Ayers
Members Absent: Cindy Wallin (meeting), Ed McGee (meeting), Jim Bell (meeting)
Guest: Pam Reynolds
1. Call to order
Kevin called the meeting to order at 1:02pm.
2. Approval of minutes from the last meeting
The committee was furnished a draft copy of the previous meeting’s (11/14/2017) minutes. There were no changes brought forth. A motion was made to approve the minutes, seconded, and the minutes were unanimously approved.
3. Wireless printing initiative
Kevin and David arranged a webinar with WEPA to discuss specifics and ask questions about the kiosk idea for printing at CVCC. Several key ideas emerged:
· Students would have many ways to pay for printing and many ways to access files.
· CVCC would need to do minimal maintenance and upkeep on the kiosk equipment.
· The company runs extensive, successful services at many colleges of various sizes.
· CVCC would need to pay for at least a portion of student printing to initiate the process.
· The company needs a minimum number of kiosks and some guarantee of a minimum amount of printing in order to serve the college.
A test run with one kiosk at the library was suggested.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:00 pm. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM.