Employee Recognition Committee
Date and Time: Tuesday, February 26, 2013; 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Present: Kellee Barbour, Liz Boothe, Mary Canfield, Peter Dorman, Leticia V. Forster, Shannon Hines, Gayle Kiger, Tom Sparhawk, and Dianne Sykes.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, 4/9/2013
· The minutes from 1/22/2013 were approved.
· Peter Dorman presented revisions to the Outstanding Faculty Award Proposal:
o Ties in with Faculty Evaluation System.
o Four awards are available.
o The program will begin in the 2013-2014 fiscal year.
· Peter Dorman presented recommendations for an ongoing Above and Beyond Award:
o The ERC will develop the criteria for the rewards.
o The nominations should entail employees who have displayed gone “above and beyond”.
o HR will be the central location for the nominations.
o Peter will share Blue Ridge Community College’s program.
o The process will be: 1) Advertise, 2) Link, 3) Go to HR, 4) Committee reviews, 5) HR develops spreadsheet detailing all nominations (nominee, person who submitted the nomination, date, and details of nomination), 6) HR will email the spreadsheet to all committee members, 7) The committee will choose the winner(s), and 8) Winners are communicated to college community via the Daily Bulletin.
· Peter will attend the next official ERC meeting to update them on the next CFAC meeting.
· Meeting adjourned at 2:00pm.
· We will have another meeting prior to our officially scheduled meeting on Tuesday, 4/9/2013, to review the nominees for the Employee Recognition Awards.