Employee Recognition Committee Meeting Minutes – September 1, 2015
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Room 5208, Merritt Hall
Called to Order: 1 PM
Present: Cindy Wallin, Liz Boothe, Randall Franklin, Debra Short, Connie Deacon, Cathy Beale
Absent: Kathy Kidd, Lisa Hodges, Juville Dario-Becker, Jana Fedele, Audrey Hudgins
Connie Deacon called the meeting to order and welcomed back old members and recognized new members.
· Approved the April 7, 2015 meeting minutes.
· Reported budget balance of $3,000 and noted that adjustments might be needed due to earlier budget changes and award amount changes. Connie said we would get verifications by our next meeting.
· Election of new officers – Connie Deacon stepped down as president after completing her 2 year term. Connie will remain on the committee. Debra Short (recorder) was unanimously elected as president. Cathy Beale was unanimously elected as recorder.
· Discussion centered on clarification of award amounts and reviewing nomination requirements for awards. At our next meeting the committee will look at the nomination requirements for employee awards, especially the $25 gift card for the Cougar award. Liz Boothe pointed out that the nomination requirements for this award were the same as the other awards which have a much higher award amount. Changing the requirements may boost participation.
· Purchases of future gift cards will be from Target.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:30 PM.
Respectfully submitted by Cathy Beale, Recorder.