Employee Recognition Committee Meeting Minutes – October 6, 2015
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Room 5208, Merritt Hall
Called to Order: 1 PM
Present: Randall Franklin, Connie Deacon, Jana Fedele, Kathy Kidd, Liz Boothe, Debra Short, Cathy Beale
Absent: Cindy Wallin, Lisa Hodges, Juville Dario-Becker, Audrey Hudgins
Debra Short called the meeting to order.
· Approved the September 1, 2015 meeting minutes.
· Discussion centered on the committee budget. The budget was cut substantially in the past and the committee would like to see the budget increased or restored.
· Changes to the Cougar Award criteria were discussed. We decided that the criteria for this award should not be as strict as for awards with higher dollar amounts. The following criteria changes were purposed:
1. How the nominee displays a high level of customer service when working with students, colleagues, and/or the general public.
2. How the nominees actions reflected positively on the college.
· Discussion regarding an increase for the Cougar Award took place. The amount of the Cougar Award ($25) will remain the same until the budget is finalized and the number of awards to be given is determined. Some awards have not been given out yet, and those awards will be given out before the end of the year, possibly at the Christmas luncheon.
· Changes that must be approved by the Governance Committee will be announced as soon as the changes are approved. The nomination process and the awards amounts will remain the same until such time.
· Purchase of Cougar Award gift cards from Target was approved.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:39 PM.
Respectfully submitted by Cathy Beale, Recorder.