Employee Recognition Committee Meeting Minutes – November 17, 2015
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Room 5208, Merritt Hall
Called to Order: 1 PM
Present: Juville Dario-Becker, Connie Deacon, Jana Fedele, Kathy Kidd, Liz Boothe, Debra Short, Cathy Beale, Cindy Wallin
Absent: Lisa Hodges, Audrey Hudgins, Randal Franklin, Kenneth Bunch
Debra Short called the meeting to order.
· Approved the October 13, 2015 meeting minutes.
· Discussed requesting an increase in all award amounts.
· Discussed adding an outstanding award for adjunct faculty and the need for a detailed description in order to get approval and funding.
· Discussed adding 6 new awards.
· Discussed forming a committee to review and create new criteria.
· Discussed criteria changes for existing awards and criteria for new awards since job descriptions vary so much (Ex. Full-time faculty vs adjunct faculty).
· Submit new award categories, descriptions and criteria changes to the governance committee at the February meeting.
· Update website to reflect all past awards.
· Suggested adding an adjunct member to the Outstanding Faculty Award selection committee.·
· Decided to research types of awards, descriptions and criteria used by other colleges.
· Discussed presenting awards at the December luncheon.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:55 PM.
Respectfully submitted by Cathy Beale, Recorder.