Learning Environment Awards- We are supposed to give out $3,200 in awards each year. Some ideas:
1) Adding $50 to the employee’s paycheck
2) LEA themed candy bowl.
3) Framed certificate
4) Select one item from a catalog up to $100.
- Gary will carry the idea of a plus/minus grading scale to CFAC.
- The faculty association made a motion to purchase new features through IOTA that will allow for tailoring of course evaluations.
- We should make it clear to faculty that they don’t have to provide a paper copy of the course syllabus.
- Several faculty members expressed concern about computer readiness at the beginning of the semester as David Lightfoot was present for this meeting.
- Faculty Award addition- cords are now being added for graduation regalia.
- Starting with the March meeting, the secretary of the faculty association will begin taking attendance at the meetings.
- It was recommended that if committee meetings are cancelled for any reason that they be rescheduled within a week.
- Announcements- a Brown Bag presentation will be put on by Allison Moore on February 25 at 1:00 P.M. concerning the Master Teacher Program. Professor Stephen Walker from Southside CC will teach attendees of Are your students Hard of Hearing or Hard of Listening? Getting through to your students… how to promote meaningful, effective conversation in your classroom. This discussion will be held on February 26 from 1:30-3:00 P.M.