Faculty Association Meeting Minutes - March 20th 2018
- Tom Sparhawk, Cynthia Lofaso, Matt Latimer, Gary Randolph, Lorenz Chan, Lorna Nelson, Ernie Wade, Jessica Hogan, John McCullough, Shannon McDermott, Mark Zacola.
- Mark addressed meeting etiquette and spoke with concern of the faculty’s reception of a new staff member in February’s meeting, urging better conduct at Faculty Association Meetings.
- Chomps Report- issues were discussed with Dwayne as a result of the faculty/staff questionnaire results. Price issues seemed to be inflated as a problem when compared to the previous vendor’s prices. Also, reports show that Chomps is a very clean establishment. Addressed as well was the issue of coffee assortment.
- Jessica Hogan expressed concern that we should be using data as opposed to feelings to back policy.
- The student success committee has decided to make it voluntary to have syllabi listed ahead of classes.
- E2IT committee is coming up with guidance for faculty dealing with a new LMS.
- Committee requests will be coming up soon.
- Kris is deleting all prerequisites and setting them to system standards. Some of the faculty present expressed concern about the readiness of the system.
- 2018 CFAC representative- Cynthia Lofaso.
- 2018 Faculty Association President- Matt Latimer
- 2018 Vice President- Open
- 2018 Secretary- Open
- 2018 Treasurer- Open
- Kris Ogden strongly suggests filling out the “great colleges” survey.
- Mike Bradford is looking for suggestions for a commencement speaker for 2018’s graduation ceremony.
- Ernie Wade Brought up the fact that it is state law that we keep student work for at least one year. Students have a year to appeal a grade.