Facilities, Finance and Sustainability
September 23, 2014
Merritt Hall Room #5208
Old Business: (Where we left off)
Student Center Construction:
· Grand Opening
· Bids in, non-responsive. They will go back out for bid this summer
· This project will be taken care of during the summer. It will be in house work
· Pure Earth: Tom ordered 4 recycle bins for inside of the Student Center and they. outdoor sitting area at Merritt
· Toner: When Dani moves into her new space she will handle the toner recycling for CVCC sports
· Discussed a pad for the code blue box. Facilities plans to install the pad and possibly have Steve Drummond run the electrical.
· No Posting Policy: Tom will be putting this in writing for the Governance Committee.
· Lucy has suggested signage directing visitors to Counseling. Teri has been working on a way finding contract for indoor and outdoor. May need to find some alternatives.
· Compliance Committee is working on how communicating to faculty and staff on how to help individuals understand what is available.
· Safety Committee is working on getting numbers on the outside doors with reflective lettering.
· Bedford Hall Renovation:
· Goal for the upcoming year per the Committee on Committees: Integration of code blue devices. Continue to support Department of Public Safety with info structure to ensure safety of all campus facilities.
- City of Lynchburg - sidewalks
- Long Term Update to get light poles matching
- Quin Report Writer: VCCC interface with AIS. These will be much better than what we get from AIS. If you have specific needs that AIS doesn’t provide, let John know so he can take it to Quin Committee.
- John would like to see the committee start talking more about Finance, Accounting, and AIS
· John Poole nominated Beth Walkup as Chair, Tom Bushley second that motion, all in favor.
· Tom Bushley nominated Lucy Carter-Smith as Recorder, John Poole second, all in favor.