Facilities, Finance and Sustainability Committee
3/5/2019 12:00:00 AM
- Ron Parker
- Lewis Bryant
- Beth Walkup
- Tim Wilhelm
- Thomas Turner
- John Rocha
- Christina commented that the new drainage areas are working great to which most commented in agreeance. There are still more to do.
- Lower lot is going to be coated, scheduled for October 15th & 16th but waiting to hear back from VDOT for sure.
- Appomattox sign – The company has completed the design. They will be meeting with everyone soon to discuss the details. Ron found a circuit that he believes can be used for outdoor lighting. Getting in touch with the building owners soon. Hoping to be able to go through an existing pole for electrical. This is an illuminated sign that they can change the lettering in and the sign lights up.
- Chancellor is coming to visit on October 18th. There will be extra work done in Merritt Hall. Cleaning carpets, floors, planting mums, etc…
- Lewis explained how local funds work that come from the bookstore. We get about 14% of sales from the bookstore that funds our local funds accounts. If the bookstore drops below $1,000,000, we lose about 5% of the commission. The bookstore is now selling computers to help the revenue. In August they sold $50k in computers.
- Thomas asked about donating the projectors that are being replaced. Lewis said they can be donated to Virginia public schools.
- VCCS has selected a candidate that they are negotiating with for the renovations on campus.
- Replacing lighting on pole lights are complete, buildings are next. The LED lights are a nice improvement. A man lift has to be rented to do this so they will schedule a time when as many can be done as possible while they had it.
- AEP is clearing their right away on Wards Ferry Road. The right away is 30’ but they have cleared about 70’.
- Jeff asked if they can get a quote on striping for the crosswalk at lot 6 and maybe some more parking between Campbell Hall and Framatone. Possibly move Weatherization trailer somewhere else. Possibly lay out the lot differently. Ron is going to get the guy to come so everyone can get together and check it out.
- Brochure racks are going up for the brochures counseling had made.
- Peter asked if we could get new chairs in conference room 5210. It was discussed that much of Merritt needs new chairs.
- Ron applied for money for a new roof for Merritt Hall. Roof & drainage isn’t in good shape. They are currently patching it 3-4 times a year. Bill Price called and talked to Ron several times about it. Getting estimates on roof top unites from the company that replaced Bedford Halls. Would like to do both at the same time.
- Signed and going forward with Amherst and Campbell Hall remodel
- Definite approval on HVAC for Merritt Hall
- Restroom in 2100 has some new small upgrades
- Good opportunity pre-bid for food vendors
- Applied for CTE building. VCCS said we will need at least $1,000,000 donated
- Applied for storage warehouse
- Asked for maintenance money for tennis courts.
- Independent audit verification review – working with SSC and colleges to see what works and what does not work
- MS4 projects – doing work and upgrades on damn and pond. Move all trees, stumps and roots from damn
- Street sweeping is working
- Local Fund budget – same other than bookstore estimates $60k - $70k
- Trying to purchase fitness equipment for $6,300 that we have been renting
None at this time.
None at this time.