Facilities, Finance, and Sustainability
4/15/2019 12:00:00 AM
- Ron Parker
- Lewis Bryant
- Beth Walkup
- Tim Wilhelm
- Thomas Turner
- Dennis Phillips
- John Rocha
- Cristina Brannan
- Rick Tyler
- Signed and going forward with Amherst and Campbell Hall remodel
- Definite approval on HVAC for Merritt Hall
- Restroom in 2100 has some new small upgrades
- Good opportunity pre-bid for food vendors
- Applied for CTE building. VCCS said we will need at least $1,000,000 donated
- Applied for storage warehouse
- Asked for maintenance money for tennis courts.
- Independent audit verification review – working with SSC and colleges to see what works and what does not work
- MS4 projects – doing work and upgrades on damn and pond. Move all trees, stumps and roots from damn
- Street sweeping is working
- Local Fund budget – same other than bookstore estimates $60k - $70k
- Trying to purchase fitness equipment for $6,300 that we have been renting
- Goal planning process for Campbell and Amherst. The committee is trying to get reps from every area to meet the first week of May
- Nominate Chair – Ron Parker, Crissy motioned, Beth second, all in favor
- Graduation – Walkthrough coming up soon to meet with LU and make plans
- New event idea – Bonfire on May 13th. There has to be a water truck present. The rules from VCCS are very strict and specific. The application to VCCS and to the state fire marshal have been submitted. Has to be setup ahead of time to be inspected
- Merritt Hall AC getting ready to bid out. Probably won’t happen until summer.
- 2100 block restrooms – Facilities gave extra thorough cleaning. Put in free standing sinks and only spent about $1,000.
- Grounds has 200 plants coming for color
- New landscaping to sign in Appomattox
- Painting fire hydrants and curbs bright.
- Looking into some new lighting projects
- RSG is using a non-fertilizer nutrient on campus
- Getting prices on hand rails to lower parking lot that are faded
- Many projects done in the past few years with a lot of VCCS money for them
- Many contractors and MS4 will be walking around over the next month
None at this time.
None at this time.