Facilities, Finance and Sustainability
9/3/2019 12:00:00 AM
- John Rocha
- Lewis Bryant
- Jennifer Dowdy
- Dennis Phillips
- Rick Tyler
- Ron Parker
- Christina Brannan
- Connie Sublett
- Jeff Sydenstricker
- Catherine Rice
- Thomas Turner
- Kervinie Alexander
None at this time.
- Voted Jennifer Dowdy in as Recorder. John motioned and Lewis second, all in favor.
- Hired new HVAC employee in Facilities. Richard Tucker started on 9-3-19.
- We have been experiencing HVAC issues throughout our Campus: Merritt 2nd floor – Riddleberger was out working on the roof unit and repairs have been made. Framatome – We had issues with different units on the first and second floor and found multiple problems. So of the issues have been resolved, while others we are waiting for quotes to come back on the repair cost. Campbell – Several classrooms are down, including the Art studio, quotes are being sought for repairs. John Rocha will work closely with Lewis to see what can be replaced and what will need to be fixed. Campbell is in the renovation plan so John is not sure at this time of the plan of action until all quotes come in.
- Renovation Amherst/Campbell – met with Architect and they are putting plans together and will meet soon to discuss any changes
- There was a great committee from each area and steering committee that spent the summer meeting on the renovations and addressed the needs of each department. At this time, we do not have enough square footage to allow for everything we would like. Lewis has been able to get a small variance, but it still will not be enough to include everything wanted. There will be an elevator added to Campbell, which will be very expensive, but is required.
- Both the Deans and the Steering Committee have a set of plans for the Amherst/Campbell renovation project. Please contact your supervisor first if you would like to review. You may also contact Lewis Bryant if your supervisor is not available.
- The renovation will be completed in stages – Campbell upstairs will be completed first and EMS, Radiology, Respiratory and Health Sciences will move in. At that time renovation will begin in Amherst and it will be completed in blocks.
- Rick Tyler asked about the tiered classroom and if it was included in the project. Lewis said no one spoke in favor of having a tiered classroom (2123) that size. Utilization is not high, so it will be removed and go into more 30 seat classrooms. 5145 and 5146 will still be available and 5219 is now available as a classroom. They are looking to create a “One Stop Shop” – visitor parking – Counseling – Financial Aide – Accounting - will be the shift in that area.
- Will hear more by December on Merritt having the roof replaced and HVAC upgrades.
- The new café in Bedford Hall and Amherst Hall has had very good reviews. Vending is now installed and operating.
- Ron Parker conducted a MS4 class in June. John had a table set up at the Welcome Back Picnic handing out pamphlets. Some people were very interested in pollutants and the effects.
- MS4 street sweep will be done soon to get up any loose gravel. Will Perez is working on the website to make it more organized and user friendly. We will begin to utilize the bulletin boards and TV monitors to reach as many people as possible. We will also have pamphlets available at designated areas throughout campus for informational purposes.
- It has been discussed to do some additional work in the new cafeteria during the renovation. We would like a space representative of their skills and to make them more visible, but square footage may not allow. Minor work may be done to help the look and make it more noticeable.
- Dennis reminded everyone of the Habitat Build on September 13 – 14, 2019.
Next meeting will be October 8th
None at this time.
None at this time.