Facilities, Finance and Sustainability
10/8/2019 12:00:00 AM
- John Rocha
- Jennifer Dowdy
- Jeff Sydenstricker
- Katie Bushing
- Ron Parker
- Christina Brannan
- Connie Sublett
- Catherine Rice
- Thomas Turner
- Kervinie Alexander
- Rick Tyler
- Dennis Phillips
- Lewis Bryant
- The air conditioning issues discussed at our last meeting are resolved for the most part and we are now working on heating issues. We have been receiving work orders stating some classrooms are very cold. John explained that the boilers are now running but they will cut off when the outside temperature reaches 60 degrees.
- We are still in the process of working on renovation details for Amherst and Campbell. Katie wanted more information on the renovation plans and John went over the details. She was very excited about the Science wing in Amherst. The renovation plans are almost complete but will need to be approved one more time.
- Jeff wanted to know if there will be any renovation to the Campus Police area and John said there are no changes being made in the upcoming renovation.
- Jeff asked if any plans had been discussed on the chemical storage room. He would like an added storage room that has an outside door with better access control on the door as opposed to just key control. This would assist in inventory control, will keep better track of entry access and deter any negative activity. He would also like for the committee to look at centralizing all doors. He stated a need for better camera coverage for labs and storage areas especially ones that store chemicals. The possibility of moving existing cameras as opposed to adding new was discussed. Jeff said the cameras are good quality and relocating would be a possibility.
- Jeff wanted to know if the chemical shed will be replaced and John said not at this time.
- John met with Safety Clean in Vinton regarding chemical disposal. They will come to the storage room and move any chemical so there is no need for facilities staff to handle. Tom would like to reuse bottles and Safety Clean would not agree. They place the chemicals, and the container they are stored in, into a drum to discard. We will need to purchase new bottles each time. The bottles are similar to anti-freeze containers and will not break. They will also sell us the sharp container for needles and the cost of the container will include the disposal fee. Safety Clean has assessed the chemicals we have on site and will get back to us with a price.
- The MS4 water plans and brochures have been added to our website which is ahead of the November deadline.
- Our next Meeting is scheduled for November 19 @ 1:00 – Room 2205.
None at this time.
None at this time.