Part-Time Staff Association Meeting - Minutes
Collaborate being used to allow members from off-center sites to join in.
Meetings will be recorded.
Minutes approved from last meeting. N/A who made motion or seconded.
Election of Officers
- President = Jana Fedele (Nominated by Marci Brown)
- Vice-President = Steve Monetti (Nominated by Steve Monetti)
- Treasurer = Marci Brown (Nominated by Jana Fedele)
- Recorder = Hunter Overstreet (Nominated by Jana Fedele)
- Last Revised 4/23/03
- Current version excludes a lot concerning Governance Committee and the PTSA
- Steve Monetti suggests a committee to revise the Constitution, and nominates himself to be on said committee
- Marci agrees to join Steve on the committee
Jana shows how to get to PTSA Blackboard site.
-My Blackboard Courses / Part-Time Association
What Do You Think? (Blackboard)
-Committees that PTSA has representation
-If any part-time employee wants to bring information to a committee or committees for a meeting, it can be entered in on the “What Do You Think?” Blackboard site.
-Marci Brown asks if an alert is given when something new is posted and Jana said that there is a way to follow a post, but no alerts.
Academic Achievement Awards
-Faculty / Classified Staff get Achievement Awards (cash award) for completing a degree. Part-Time do not.
-PTSA needs to submit a proposal to get the Achievement Awards for Part-Time Staff.
-Connie Deacon suggested that a good contact would be Linda Day. Also, she has mentioned she had not yet received any selections for Employee Recognition from the Part-Time staff.
- Unknown person mentions that there is no funding for Professional Development for Part-Time Staff.
- Same person mentioned getting an instructor/presenter for a Part-Time Staff Association professional development session(s).
- State discounts at stores was mentioned.
- Steve Monetti suggested creating a “Benefits Thread” to keep up with the benefits available for state employees.
Service on Governance Committee
- Jana will send out a list of committees that have open spots for part-time employees
- Jana mentioned making a notation on employee timesheets about time spent serving on governance committees
Snow Days Proposal
- Given Part-Time employees compensation for school closings because of inclement weather
- Jana asked if 4hrs. was good with the group.
- Marci mentioned the 29hrs. “average” and the ardous process of getting approval to go over 29hrs. for a specific week
- Marci would like to pursue this issue
School Spirit Day
Jana mentioned that the names need to be changed on the PTSA Bank Account for new PTSA Officers.
- Bank account currently at about $247
Jana Fedele (Moderator)
Connie Deacon (Moderator)
Steve Monetti Sue Cochrane
March 27th, 2014 – 2:09PM