Part-Time Staff Association Meeting Minutes
-Minutes from last meeting were not yet available.
-Marci Brown spoke for Cathy Sanders on E2IT committee
- E2IT is the Engineering Technology Committee for
- Trying to collect information from administration on technology/training that employees need
- Jana mentioned that Windows 8 training would be very beneficial
- Loaner iPads were mentioned, but many members had not heard of that
- Marci asked members to post to Blackboard with any technology needs
-Jana told group that committee topics are listed on Blackboard
- Budget Planning going through Governance
-No Professional Development for Part-Time Employees
- Jana mentioned that other schools do provide Prof Dev for Part-Time employees
- Jana attended New Horizons Conference
- Part-Time employees do get 6 credits paid for / per semester
-Marci presented a question for the group / CVCC has an agreement with Lynchburg College where students from CVCC can take a class there for the same tuition. Would that be applicable for the 6 free credit hours that part-time employees are awarded? Do we have agreements with other schools like Randolph?
- Jana volunteered to bring up the question at Mondays President’s Cabinet meeting
-Jana asked if any Part-Time staff would like to join any committees – No one volunteered
- Employee Recognition
-130+ CRC Achievement was recognized
-Notes from Dr. Capps Town Hall Meeting were discussed
- Color Dash
- Will Sandidge made a plea for a Marketing Position
- City of Lynchburg providing right hand turn lane at the end of Harvard St.
- Traffic Circle onto Wards Ferry?
- Budget Reduced, Enrollment Down
- Purchasing Dept Closing / transferred to VWCC
- State in benchmarking is being done at schools / identifying which schools do best at which functions
- Altavista campus is moving, not closing
-Steve Monetti introduced Teri Mason (Workforce Center) to the group
-Next Years Goals
- Professional Development for Part-Time Staff
-Steve Monetti suggested doing a Resume’ Workshop for the Part-Time Staff (Steve offered to teach)
- Suggested that it be done in conjunction with a PTSA meeting
- Steve suggested keeping records of attendance for meetings and professional development
Cynthia McCoy started discussion about the PTSA Meeting post in the Daily Bulletin
-Could it / Should it be changed?
-Resume workshop could help draw PT employees to meetings
-Fund Raising Ideas discussed
- Pizza lunch sale?
- How would the profits be used?
1:50pm – Meeting Adjourned
Jana Fedele (Moderator)
May 1st, 2014 – 1:13PM