Professional Development Policy Committee
November 27, 2017
The regular meeting of the Professional Development Policy Committee was called to order at 1:05pm on November 27, 2017 in Room 2307 by Sarah Jarrett.
Liz Boothe, Mary Canfield, Juville Dario-Becker, Twila DeMasters, Sarah Jarrett, Cynthia Lofaso, Alison Moore, Charles Poff, Gary Randolph. Absent: Jim Lemons, Muriel Mickles (off-campus meeting), Emily Muniz (no coverage), Joseph Penrod, Lynn Dillard (in class), Linda Mallory.
Approval of Minutes
The Minutes from October 19, 2017 were approved.
Discussed the upcoming professional development event with Stephen Walker, YOU SAY RED, I SAY GREEN. This event will be at noon on Monday, December 4th in the Multi-Purpose Room. Alison stated that Stephen Walker is the Director of the VA Master Teacher Seminar. This interactive workshop will run longer than the usual Brown Bag sessions. Sign-ups are looking very good.
1. Discussed adding a calendar to the Professional Development section of the CVCC website. Alison will discuss it further with Will Perez.
2. Any Update on Non-Competitive Awards status-Education Tuition Assistance and Memberships? Were able to cover Memberships at 100% and Education Tuition Assistance at 28.2%.
3. Ideas for Spring Convocation
a. Part-Time Staff Association idea was presented by Sarah Jarrett to offer Convocation events live through Blackboard Collaborate. Per IT, this should be doable and they just need details on when and where.
4. Professional Development Teams are still happening for spring.
5. It was agreed that the PD committee would host a cookie and coffee/hot chocolate drop by on Friday, January 5 for returning faculty and staff.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:10 pm by Sarah Jarrett. The next general meeting will be at 1:00 pm on January 23, 2018, in Amherst 2307.
Minutes submitted by: Mary Canfield