MinutesProfessional Development Policy Committee
April 10, 2018
Members in attendance: Sarah Jarrett, Alison Moore, Mary Canfield Liz Boothe, Juville Dario-Becker, Twila DeMasters, Cynthia Lofaso, Charles Poff, Linda Mallory, Gary Randolph. Members absent: Jim Lemons, Emily Muniz, Joseph Penrod, Lynn Dillard (in class), Muriel Mickles.
Approval of Minutes from February 27, 2018. Minutes were approved as written.
1.New Horizons—It looks like 65 CVCC employees will be in attendance!
1.May 9 – Professional Development Program on Faculty Engagement (with Patti Saffioti)
2.In the works: PD Event for college faculty who teach high school students on our campus
3.New Horizons Brown Bag dates—Summer and Fall
- Need to set these up. Suggestion of summer one for staff on campus to share and fall one for faculty to share.
4.Fall Convocation is coming up
- Will be a Thursday and Friday this year. Anticipating a shorter format.
- Budget is looking good. May be able to increase Education Tuition assistance award percentages if additional money is left over. All money will be spent. Participants initially received 55% of the amount they requested for Education Tuition Assistance.
- Committee discussed changing percentages and it was suggested we need to run with the plan for a couple of years before knowing whether any big changes are needed.
6.Upcoming PD events:
- Speaker from Voltage Leadership is coming to Classified Staff Association meeting on April 25. All are invited to this open session.
- Hunter Boylen has been rescheduled for a Friday in September.
- There is an HR workshop on Wednesday, June 20 on middle management which is open to all.
7.PD Committee for next year.
- Sarah Jarrett was nominated and selected to serve as Chair again next year. Recorder will be elected at the first fall meeting.
- Alison is working on updating the PD section of the website and looking for an easy way to share information about Professional Development opportunities. Discussed using a google drive or other easy format.
9. Schedule of Obtaining Funding
- General discussion was held about due dates and making sure dates give time for Early Bird discounts, etc. A new proposed Schedule of Funding based on ideas from this past year will be presented at the first fall meeting.
Minutes submitted by Mary Canfield, Recorder and Sarah Jarrett, Chair.