Skip to Content
Committee Name: Professional Development Committee
Meeting Date: 3/5/2019 12:00:00 AM
Schinae Gross-Williams, Sarah Jarrett, Liz Booth, Twila DeMasters, Cynthia Lofaso, Jim Lemons, Alison Moore, Emily Muniz
 
Charles Poff, Michael Babcock, Juville Dario-Becker (funeral), Jeff Laub, Muriel Mickles, Linda Mallory, Xavier Retram
 

Approval of Agenda

The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

Approval of Minutes

Jim Lemons moved to approve. Cynthia Lofaso seconded. The minutes of January 29, 2019 were unanimously approved and distributed.

Open Issues

N/A

Old Business

  1. Thanks to Linda Mallory, Twila DeMasters, and Sarah Jarrett for application review last week.
 
  1. Professional Development Participation and Budget Update – Alison
 
  1. No issues with budget
  2. Noticing more requests for higher budgeted events
  3. Remind employees to still submit even if they have or think they have missed the deadline
 
  1. Spring Brown Bags—Do we want to get anything on the calendar for after spring break?
    1. Spread the word about the events CSA has put together
    2. Possible topics/speakers: Linda Mallory – Roth IRA, Healthcare, HSA/Medicare savings plan, Jim Lemons – Financial Literacy/VRS visit

 

New Business

  1. Brainstorm additional questions for the Professional Development Survey—we are supposed to conduct this each spring.
    1. Has not happened yet
    2. Format – Survey Monkey?
    3. Number of questions? 10 questions max.
    4. What do we want to know?
      1. What are some perceived barriers?
      2. Would you volunteer to teach a class?
      3. Topic suggestions
      4. List of some professional development activity.
    5. Sarah and Alison to create, send to committee for review, then disburse. Allow a week to complete.
 
 
  1. Any other topics for discussion?
    1. Ideas of what to change on Application and Rubric
      1. Goal over the summer to form a committee to review/tweak forms to make process user friendly and streamlined
    2. Visiting speaker payment process has changed
      1. Alison – putting together step by step process on how to host/pay a speaker
      2. Cynthia to meet with CFAC in April. Plan to meet with Mary Canfield, Twila DeMasters, Muriel Mickles, and Alison Moore to provide information/questions for CFAC.
    3. Motion to change April 2019 meeting from April 16 to April 23rd. Room TBD. Schinae moved to approve, Liz seconded.
 

Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 1:49 pm by Sarah Jarrett. The next general meeting will be at time on April 23, 2019 at 1:15 pm, room TBD.
 
None at this time.
 
None at this time.
Schinae Gross-Williams
Back to top