11/18/2019 12:00:00 AM
Schinae Gross-Williams, Sarah Jarrett, Alison Moore, Cynthia Deutsch, Linda Mallory, Barbara Thurston, Wendy Ayers, Michael Babcock
Muriel Mickles, Jeff Laub (off campus meeting), Jim Lemons, Liz Boothe (out of town), Layia Perry, Lorna Nelson, Xavier Retnam,
- Clarification of Eligibility for Tuition Assistance
- Full-time faculty and full-time staff are the only groups eligible to apply for Tuition assistance per VCCS policy (reimbursement for coursework at other institutions).
- Email to go out to supervisors to notify that only Full-Time employees can utilize this benefit
- Alison has followed up with Lewis and Randall and HR will serve as the final gatekeeper on employees’ eligibility, as they are the ones who know everyone’s classification
- Mid-semester Convocation – Canceled at this point
- Streamlining applications
- Mary Zoccola to assist with admin work
- Education Request after HR approves
- Professional Membership
- Spring Convocation Planning update and discussion
- Google form sent to key players that present during convocation/workshop to see if they are returning to present. Requested this information by the week of Thanksgiving
- Going to send another form asking for presentation/workshops ideas
- If you know of an outside speaker provide suggestion
- Other ideas for spring semester events?Any planning related to our goals?
- $2k Regional Resource Center willing to partner for assistance (for any projects not just Spring Convocation)
- VCIC – group out of Richmond focuses on inclusion. Phone meeting to see options to bring to CVCC
- New Horizons – will Dr. Capps still pay for employees to attend?
- Can we get involved with a speakers’ bureau to find interesting presenters and topics?
- Additional Discussion Items related to Strategies for Increasing Enrollment
- Faculty stay current – use money wisely, more substance
- Letting people know who our faculty are what we do conferences we attended
- Faculty profiles on social media platforms – publicity
- Faculty, Staff, and Students highlighted their success. Current/Past. Right there on the front page – Michael Babcock to spearhead
- Signage – training for skills in the 21st century
- Broadcast events
- General Announcement
- CVCC Job Fair 10 am to 2 pm, Thursday November 21st