Professional Development Policy Committee
4/20/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Cynthia Deutsch
- Rebecca Honeycutt
- Sarah Jarrett
- Linda Mallory
- Muriel Mickles
- Alison Moore
- Emily Pudliner
- Wendy Ayers (conflict - conducting interviews)
- Taz Daughtrey
- Jason Ferguson (conflict - unable to attend)
- Michael Fein (sick leave)
- Lisa Hodges
- Lorna Nelson
- Layia Perry
Zoom Anxiety 2.0 Workshop
- Jarrett, Mickles, and Moore attended the workshop, and noted that attendance was lower than at the Convocation session. Moore praised the speaker as highly educated on the topic. Jarrett highlighted the speaker’s use of Zoom (e.g., switching between presentation and presenter views and the use of breakout rooms, noting that this encouraged participation and engagement).
Henrietta Lacks National Women’s Month Program Review
- Jarrett and Mickles attended the program and noted the presentation was very informative and well attended.
Jarrett welcomed members
Approval of Minutes from March 16, 2021
- Mickles moved to approve; Mallory seconded. Minutes from March 16, 2021 were approved as written.
Recommend PD Survey in Early Fall
- Jarrett suggested conducting the PD Survey in the Fall or once the format of the semester (i.e., online, hybrid, flex, on-campus) has been defined. Moore suggested conducting the PD Survey at the end of the Spring 2021 semester, noting that it may be helpful to determine what type of PD would be beneficial moving forward into the Fall semester. Moore noted that most faculty members know the format of their classes for the Fall semester; so, they will be able to identify training needs. Moore described that the format of the PD Survey will be short with several open-ended questions. Mickles added that open-ended questions may be helpful to identify training needs related to high-flex classrooms. Moore plans to send the survey by May 1, 2021.
Topic Ideas for Fall Convocation
- Jarrett noted that the PD Survey will likely drive ideas for Fall Convocation and added that a session on high-flex classrooms will be included.
Updates from Alison Moore
- Moore has accepted a new position and will not be returning to CVCC in the Fall. A new PD Coordinator is needed, and Moore will work to streamline the transition. Moore plans to continue at CVCC until June to help plan Fall Convocation with Kris Ogden. Mickles praised Moore for the excellent job she has done in the challenging environment of the pandemic. Moore also provided a financial update, detailing that she processed several reimbursements for the Spring 2021 semester and paid for several professional memberships.
Selection of Committee Chair for 2021-2022
- By the beginning of May 2021, the PD Policy Committee needs to select a Chair for next year. Deutsch mentioned that a lot of committees are pushing the selection of Chair to the Fall. Deutsch also added that for continuity, it would be helpful for Jarrett to remain as Chair through the Fall or for another year.
Other Topics for Discussion
Meeting adjourned by Jarrett at approximately 01:30PM