Marketing and Public Relations Committee
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Meeting began at 1:00pm
Donna Hobbs (Chair)
Shannon Hines (Recorder)
Web Content Policy
- Commentary was provided regarding web content policy.
- Suggestions were; to be more specific on details and what the processes should be.
- Language mentions content owners but doesn’t define.
- Content needs owner to be accountable/responsible for changes as needed.
- Content owners should be program/department heads and more specific to content.
- If changes to policies are made, addendums would be added as needed rather than changing the whole policy. This would fall under the Scope category.
- Website currently cannot change because of links in the SACSCOC compliance page.
- Committee would like to readdress need for marketing position after SACS visit is completed. It was stated that Mike Bradford would have to present this to the President’s Cabinet.
- Marketing message should focus on one segment that has potential for growth (transfer opportunities, dual enrollment, early college, etc.) A demographic investigation is needed to identify market.
Meeting adjourned at 1:50pm