Scheduled Social Events Committee Meeting (Thursday, November 10, 2016)
Meeting Held on Thursday, November 10, 2016 in the Culinary Arts Dining Area at 1 pm.
Present: Michel Mavinga, Kitty Daniel, Dominick Launi, John Lofaso, Tim Wilhelm
The meeting was opened by Dominick presenting the menu for the Holiday Social Luncheon 2016 followed by Tim with decoration ideas.
Old business: None
New business: The goal of this meeting was to finalize the plans for the Holiday Social Luncheon 2016.
The Theme for the Holiday Social Luncheon 2016 is: “New York Metro Magic”.
The Menu: Graciously presented to the committee by Dominick.
Station 1: Little Italy:
· Cheese Lasagna (No beef)
· Neapolitan Pizza
· Italian Wedding Soup
· Chicken Parmesan
· Caprese Salad (with Mozzarella and a Balsamic Glaze.)
· Italian Cream Cake
Station 2: China Town Theme:
· Beef and Broccoli
· Fried Rice
· Vegetable Egg Rolls
· Asian Potstickers
· Cold Sesame Noodles (rice noodles)
Station 3: Greek Festival:
· Spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese pie wrapped in filo dough)
· Roasted lamb with tzatziki sauce
· Moussaka with eggplant and mushroom
· Greek Salad
· Fasolada (Greek vegetable white bean soup)
Station 4: New York Deli Scene:
· Steamed Corned Beef with swiss cheese/slaw
· Chicken Noodle soup
· Waldorf salad
· New York Cheesecake with Fruit Toppings
Drinks: Coffee & Tea
*Dominick may place all of the deserts all together on a desert station.
The committee approved Dominick’s wonderful menu for this event.
Decorations: Presented by Tim
· White paper table covers provided by Dominick
· A thin Christmas Ribbon to go down the middle of the row of tables.
· City Skyline Centerpieces (3 centerpieces per long row of 5 tables, 7 long rows of tables)
· City Building Confetti to spread between centerpieces.
· Stem-less wine glasses filled with fake snow sheets and cranberries (or something red) topped with green cedar to fill in.
· Lighted Garland around the Podium.
The City Skyline Centerpieces and the Stem-less Wine Glasses can be given away as door prizes.
A yellow sticker can be placed on the back of one of the City Building Confetti pieces for the City Skyline Centerpieces and a blue sticker on the back of one of the City Building Confetti pieces for the stem-less wine glasses.
The committee approved the decorations and for Tim to order the decorations.
Photo Booth: John has graciously agreed to bring back and operate the Photo Booth with one of his student interns. Photo Booth Props were presented to the committee.
· 20 printed and cut New York Photo props.
· New York Glasses and Lady Liberty crown photo props.
· Cityscape Backdrop Plastic 8 foot x 30 foot.
· Statue of Liberty Cardboard Stand-up.
The committee approved the Photo Booth Props and for Tim to order the props.
Gift Card Door Prizes: Gayle (Hope you don’t mind!!)
· Sheets: $15, $15, $20
· Walmart: $20, $20, $20, $20, $20
· Target: $20, $20, $20, $20, $20
· Kroger: $20, $20, $20, $20, $20
· Amazon: $20, $20, $20, $20, $20
· 3 pair of (2) movie tickets to Regal Cinemas from Student Activities
The Event Date and Time:
o The date for the 2016 Holiday Social is Thursday December 15, 2016 in Merritt Hall Multipurpose Room from 11:15 am – 1:30 pm
o The set up and decoration for the event date is Wednesday December 14, 2016 at
o The date was given to Dianne Sykes and Dr. Capps to make sure they were available to attend on the above date. It is a good date for both.
o Merritt Hall Multipurpose Room has been reserved for both days December 14 and 15 for the Holiday Social through Facilities Management.
o The Service Awards and Cougar Awards are presented at this Holiday Social.
o The Retirees are also invited to attend.
A save the date announcement of the Holiday Social Event needs to go out on the CVCC Daily Bulletin next week before Thanksgiving Break. Tim will put together this announcement and submit it to each committee member to make any changes and approve before he sends it to Dianne Sykes for the Daily Bulletin.
John has agreed to put together a formal invitation to the Holiday Social Event as he did last year when the time comes.
There will be another called Social Events Committee Meeting to be Held in the Culinary Arts Dining Area on Thursday December 1, 2016 at 1 pm.
· At this meeting our schedule of events during the Holiday Social will be discussed.
· Manage any last minute issues that may arise.
· Job duties of the committee members during the Holiday Social will be given.
o Need some folks at the registration table giving out door prize tickets.
o Need some folks to greet people.
o Need some folks to get up in front and call out door prize ticket numbers with a microphone!!
The meeting was adjourned at 1:43 pm
Social Events Committee Recorder