Student Success Committee
2/25/2019 12:00:00 AM
Patti Saffioti, Cynthia Lofaso, Collins Friddle, Chris Jordan
Joy Adams (sick), Teresa Ranson, Meredith McLaughlin (sick), Renee Chalmers, Emma Donohue, Michael Farris, Vickie Bowman (short staffed in the Student Success Center), Kimberly French (interviews)
Minutes were approved from January 22, 2019
1. Phone Tree: David Lightfoot is meeting with department heads and is making progress towards the services provided theme of the phone tree that directs callers to the website. Admissions and Records has completed their phone tree. Counseling and Financial Aid are the next departments who will complete this task.
At the last meeting, Cynthia suggested that the website have a Contact Us page on the website. David followed through and made the “Contact Us” button available on the front page of the website, which links to important contacts for the college. It is now being advertised in the Daily Bulletin.
2. Care Team – met February 5. Next Meeting is March 14. The structure of the team will have an inner circle and outer circle. The inner circle will meet often and the outer circle will meet monthly to determine policy, procedures and resources for the campus and students.
Patti Saffioti – Dean of Student Success
Meredith McLaughlin – SAS Coordinator
Kimberly French- Emergency Fund Coordinator
Deanne McDaniel – Food Pantry Coordinator
Catherine Rice – Foundation and Scholarships
Marc Zoccola – Title IX Coordinator
Chief Russel Dove – Chief of Police
Cynthia Lofaso – Faculty Association
Micky Paige – Great Expectations Coach
Renee Chalmers – Fast Forward Coach
Community Connections Coordinator – TBA
- Food Pantry: The Alliance for Excellence gives CVCC money to stock the Food Pantry and at this time we do not need to have a food drive. At the Fire and Ice Luncheon, food was collected for the food pantry. There is still money from Alliance for Excellence to purchase more food. At this time, it was decided not to have food snack stations throughout the campus. The Counseling Center can provide snacks to students if needed.
3. Voicemail to Email was voted down by the Governance Committee. David Lightfoot will put something in the Daily bulletin telling the college community how to request Voicemail to Email and how to access voicemail away from the college. Concerns were made about part time staff being expected to check email and phone calls after hours.
- CVCC Student Code of Conduct
Each individual is considered a responsible adult and it is assumed that students of all ages shall maintain standards of conduct appropriate to membership in the college community. The Student Honor Code and Student Conduct polices will be obeyed by every student. https://centralvirginia.edu/Campus-Life/Campus-Policies/Student-Conduct
This was given to the Student Conduct Committee to vote on.
- The Student Success Committee recommended that a new page on the website be developed and called the Student Handbook page. This will include TITLE IX, Student Accessibility Services, and the other polices in the Student Handbook.
- It was suggested the committee come up with a statement faculty can put on their syllabi to direct students to the Student Handbook webpage. The committee will design the page at the next meeting.
- Once the webpage and statement are developed, it will be recommended this be in Canvas for every course.
- It will be brought to the Faculty Association at their next meeting to get faculty input.
The meeting was adjourned at 2 pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 9 at 1 pm, room 2307
None at this time.
CVCC Student Code of conduct will be sent to the Student Conduct Committee for approval.