Only the following programs are eligible for payroll deduction:
- Medical: Central Virginia Community College participates in the statewide health benefits program.
- Life: The state provides a group term life insurance policy at no cost to the employee. Coverage is equal to twice the amount of annual salary rounded to the next highest $1,000.
- Disability Income Protection: Employees may purchase disability income protection from FBMC Benefits Management listing of participating state approved companies. The cost must be borne solely by the employee.
- Combined Virginia Campaign (CVC):The state campaign combines all statewide charitable appeals into a single, state-supported campaign that is held at various times between September and December. It is the only statewide charitable fund-raising program for which payroll deduction is authorized. The CVC gives state employees the opportunity to designate charities from a diverse list of qualified health and human care agencies. Contributors may give to charities that provide health and human care services to Virginians within their own communities, or they may choose recognized national or international charities.
- CVCC Educational Foundation Contributions:Employees may contribute to the CVCC Educational Foundation which provides the funds for student scholarships, faculty/staff professional development, and purchases of instructional equipment.