The purpose of the CVCC Governance Model is to provide a structure for decision-making that offers opportunities for all groups of stakeholders to participate. Additionally, the CVCC Governance Model supports the College’s mission statement.
The goals of the CVCC Governance model are to
- Foster an efficient and democratic process for decision making,
- Provide a broad-based understanding of the decision-making process,
- Examine policies and procedures across departments,
- Promote and enhance coordination among all stakeholders, and
- Encourage effective practices in meeting the goals of the College.
The objectives of the CVCC Governance model are to
- Establish an efficient and democratic process for decision making;
- Include members from all stakeholder groups;
- Ensure broad-based understanding by providing consistent, accurate, and timely information to the College community;
- Maintain open communication between administrators, faculty, and staff through consistent interaction during the decision-making process;
Ensure participation of stakeholders who are interested in or are “subject matter experts” as well as those charged with responsibility for proposing or implementing policies and programs.